Sometimes I feel like my body is a science experiment. I’m always trying new and different ways to increase my performance, cleanse my diet, pump up my omega 3s and trying to get every bit of nutrients from every bit of food I eat. So, when I had the opportunity to try something else that promised said ‘edge’ though Fit Approach and SweatPink, I ordered up a heap of Hemp Hearts.
My priorities when it comes to optimal nutrition?
Priority #1: It has to be easy!
What could be easier then dumping some seed-like things into a bowl of food? Almost nothing.
Priority #2: It has to be natural
Ingredients: Raw shelled hemp seeds
Priority #3: It has to taste good
These seeds are so tiny, you can barely taste them. They don’t really add a ‘flavor’ to food, it’s just a little crunchy supplement of goodness.
I’m also a creature of habit, and speed. There are tons of Pinterest-worthy things you can do with these magic seeds but I did this:
Oh wait! How could I forget? I also ventured into this culinary territory:
For the record, that’s Hemp Hearts and granola! I’m almost ready for my audition to Top Chef.
Did I mention that you can also just eat them right out of the bag? This comes in handy after a workout or in the car. Better to have a mouth full of healthy hemp, then to yell at the kids.
However you eat them, you’re ingesting goodness! How much goodness? Check out these stats:
- All 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) our bodies cannot produce.
- A high protein percentage of the simple proteins that strengthen immunity and fend off toxins.
- Nature’s highest botanical source of essential fatty acid.
- A perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 Linoleic Acid and Omega-3 Linolenic Acid – for cardiovascular health and general strengthening of the immune system.
- A superior vegetarian source of protein considered easily digestible.
Need I say more? Ok, fine, one more thing – – A DISCOUNT CODE!
Use HHSweatPink14 for 20% off any purchase at ManitobaHarvest.com
I was sent a bag of Hemp Hearts via my association with Fit Approach and SweatPink, in exchange for an honest blog review. All thoughts and actions are my own. If they weren’t I would have hired a chef to whip up some more interesting things to do with these things!
What are your healthy eating priorities?
Have you ever tried hemp seeds?